Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Aerogramme Love and a Long Overdue Update

So these past couple of weeks I've rediscovered the wonderful aerogramme. A single piece of paper, which folds up on itself to create an envelope, which is prepaid to fly off and be delivered anywhere in the world.
Of course, you ar prohibited from adding anything additional that would add weight such as stickers or extra paper...but you CAN make it look prettier on the inside with drawings, sketches, doodles and fancy writing.

 
The current australian aerogramme.


Prettifying the inside of an aerogramme.

But what I really want to do, is collect written aerogrammes from around the world. Not all countries have them anymore (and I'm only talking about official aerogrammes here), but a lot still do and I'm trying to rope all my Penpals into sending their next letter on an official aerogramme for me to collect.

An aerogramme from Malaysia

I also discovered that I can buy some sweet looking stamps online, that aren't usually sold in the post office. So I've ordered some. They don't cost anything extra, but my Penpals will surely appreciate the change of scenery.  In the meanwhile I did manage to obtain some very cute mr men and little miss stamps.

Some of the mr men stamps


I seems that a particular australian postcard I've put up in instagram is very popular. I've had several requests for swaps, so soon there should be an influx of postcards in my mailbox. The problem is what to do with them. I have so many. If I out them in a folder, I just won't look at them. Perhaps it's better to keep them in a loose pile?


Etsy has become my favourite hunting ground for postcards recently. Here's a selection of the most gorgeous postcards I purchased.

















2 comments: