Monday, September 24, 2012

A Post for E.

Am recommending some reads for someone here since twitter only allows a sentence or two.


From recollection, you love your vampire books - that's easy, walk into any library or bookstore and you'll find a host of them...no famine with those kinds of books.  So I'll suggest some others.

At the moment I'm reading The Maze Runner.
It's actually a YA book but got me hooked.  Teen boy wakes up with no memory of who he is, in a world where there are only other teen boys who have formed some what of a community to survive. Their main task, of course, is to try and escape through a maze that has been built by 'the creators'. But the maze walls shift every night, and there are monsters/techno bugs that watch their every move.  Not everything is as it seems, as a girl turns up one day.  The only girl, but she has no memories either. but is key to their puzzle apparently.  Good, easy book to read and keeps me interested. The only thing I DON"T like about it, is the made up slang the boys use. It's just annoying.

I know you can't read books about children getting hurt and being sad, so I'll steer away from them although I've read some fantastic ones recently.


The Snow Child is a breathtaking read.  It's not Young Adult, but it's very beautiful.

The Kite Runner is a must read for anyone, and I wonder if you may have already read it?

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is one of my favourite books and I probably would have recommended it to you before.  It follows the friendship of two chinese girls, bound together by fate. One rich, one poor. But destiny flips things around, husbands are choosen for the women, circumstances alter. It's lovely.  A movie was recently made about it, but it's NOTHING compared to the book.

The Cuckoo - chic lit. Got some twists in it. This is good if you feel like something edgy.



There is an author called Mauve Binchy, who writes good books. You might like Full House.

Sarah Dessen is another you might enjoy. YA books.

Hope that gives you some suggestions!
You can check out my profile on Good Reads if you like.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for this -- some of them sound really interesting so I'll add them to my list! :)

    ReplyDelete