Saturday, September 8, 2012

How I Store My Postcards (Swap-Bot Swap)

This is a SPECIAL post for the following people as part of a swap through Swap-Bot...

Laura ( mimisfrog )
Brandy ( swellmomma )
Christina ( LiliasCraven )
Kelly ( JingleKeys )
Kimberly  ( KimberlyvAalten

Hi guys!

I'm so glad that this swap went up because I'm always interested to see how others store their postcards.

Ok, firstly I recently started collecting postcards a couple of months ago through postcrossing - it's amazing and I've been getting some really cool cards, not to mention awesome stamps and messages on the back.  I've done a few private swaps too.
If you like you can check out my profile here.

I started out thinking i would use a SMASH Book to keep them all in. Using washi tape to put on the edges so I could flip them over and still see the backs.
So I started doing that. I took a quick video of it here so you can see what I started doing: Click Here

But then I decided that in time, I might not appreciate that I've used TAPE on my postcards, so I took them out.  Still wondering what to do with them, I looked around the internet to see what other people did and found proper Postcard Albums.  I found I could buy plastic type 'pages' that I could put into a folder and insert my postcards in. Like this:

The slots are large enough for my bigger cards, and the page is see through so that I can see the rear of the card when I flip it over.  I'm going to order these from ebay, and start using them. They will keep my postcards from getting damaged as well.

In the meantime, I've been putting my most recent ones up on a shelf, and then as new cards come in, I simply take the old ones down and replace them with the new ones.  This shelf is visible as soon as you walk in my front door so it's a good talking point for when people come over.  Also my husband can see what new cards I've received that day if any when he comes home from work!



I hope you guys got something out of that! If you have any questions please feel free to ask by commenting on this post or dropping me a message through swap-bot :)

Dreamlily.

No comments:

Post a Comment