Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lips - Oh the vanity.

I'm posting this because my friend Ebony, when she posts photos of herself, always manages to capture her lipstick colour magnificently.
Me? Not so much.
I wondered if perhaps I'm using the wrong colour for me?
So I fiddled around with the camera and colours this afternoon and am posting the following photos for you to comment.
Which colour looks best on me?
Got any suggestions for colours I SHOULD try?

All photos were taken at the same time of day, same light, same room blah blah blah.
Same same.

This one was a surprise. Because in RL it looks SO BRIGHT on me. It's a light pink colour and I totally thought it would show up better in th ephoto.. But no matter how many photos I took, it never showed up bright enough. So. I assume that my eyes are tricking me, and it's not actually as bright as I thought it was.

Fairy Floss - Australis Show Stopper Gloss Stick
From Blog Photos


Another surprise.  Because this one looks more red in RL.
Again, the photo picks it up as less red and more of a rosey brown tinge do you think?
Hoola Hoop - Australis Show Stopper Gloss Stick
From Blog Photos


This is one I always have in my handbag.  Colour came out as I feel like it looks in RL
Berry Blush - Loreal (The actual ONLY real lipstick I own)
From Blog Photos


Again, in RL this looks more red/pink. It def didn't come up as bright in the photo.

Macaroon - FOA Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon
From Blog Photos


Lastly, this is a natural colour which I feel comes out pretty much in the picture as it does in RL.
Sundae - FOA Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon
From Blog Photos



So. Thoughts?
Suggestions?



5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos though, that's a really pretty top you're wearing! :)
    Firstly, north-facing natural light is the best for photos where you need to pick up the actual colours.
    Secondly, a digital camera works better than a phone camera.
    And thirdly, if the colours look great on you in real life, it doesn't matter so much if the camera picks it up slightly differently!
    I find that those FOA lip crayons are not particularly pigmented anyway, so that's probably why they didn't show true.
    And it doesn't always work for me either. That photo on Instagram of me and my kids? The pink lippy is SO SO much brighter IRL.
    I think it's just a matter of playing around with the lighting, and capturing the photo which depicts the colour best.
    And just because it shows up differently on camera, doesn't mean that the colour doesn't suit your lips!
    Hope that's all helped, even just a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Good tips about the light - I was in the bathroom here so the light wasn't that ideal I suppose. Flash might help too I guess. Might fiddle around with the digital camera again. I"ve gotten so used to taking photos with the ipod because it's just I always have it handy, so I will have to get into the habit of using the camera again I think.
    I really enjoy your posts about lipstick, so keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have absolute hatred of flash photography, but I do agree that sometimes it's needed, and you might find in certain light that it does actually capture the colours more true.

      I have another lipstick post coming up, perhaps not until after Christmas, but one is coming! :-)

      Delete
  3. I like Macaroon the best on your. It's a great mix of natural-looking and a dash of colour. I also like Hoola Hoop for when you're jazzing yourself up a little more. Fairy Floss is my least favourite.
    By the way, you chose your shirt well. It goes really well with the colours you're testing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, sometimes it takes someone else to pick out what looks best! The shirt is new, and I thought it would look nice in the photos :) Thankyou!

      Delete