Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

I am not, I repeat, am NOT buying another standard green plastic Christmas Tree this year.  When we moved earlier in the year, I threw our old one out (much to hubby's annoyance and insistence that it was quite fine, despite being crushed and pushed up against the wall all year).

THIS year I want to do something different, and I knew what I had in mind - I just needed to find the picture to go with the one in my head; and after trawling through google, here it is-

Found this one on Tumblr - can't find the source I'm sorry.





Now, I highly doubt mine will be quite as pretty, or quite as big, but you get the gist of what I have in mind.  Basically a collection of bare branches, bound together at the bottom, put in a put, with branches strong enough to hold fairylights.  This one has baubles on it too and I hadn't thought of that. Might just see how it looks with fairylights first.  Going for the "less is more" I think, this year.

So my mission between now and Christmas is to hunt out branches that have fallen from trees. It sounds easier than it is really.

What are your plans for decorating this year?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is stunning and a fantastic idea! (michelledann blog promoting swapbot)

    ReplyDelete